Thursday, October 29, 2009

Homemade Bread

I've made lots of bread rolls and biscuits and other yeast items, but have still to conquer the basic sandwich bread. It is a goal of mine. Besides saving lots of money, it's more convient to make it than to drive 40 minutes to the store. Gayle Bryant has written an article for the Daily News Online about baking bread. I want to try out her recipes, so I'm linking the article here in my blog. I'm good at losing things on the web, so it's better if I save the link right here. Plus, you might like to try it too!

Today has been a rainy and sad day around here. My daughter's horse was put down this morning. After the vet left, we spent some time recovering from the loss. I called around all morning trying to find someone to come dig a hole to bury him. I finally found a friend on my mom's who was willing to come out today. Just as he was about finished digging, his fuel pump went out on the backhoe. So, we are going to be doing the rest by shovel as soon as my husband gets home from work. I will be relieved when this is all over.

As you can imagine, our school schedule and dinner plans have been interrupted. Not much is going according to plan these days. But, I'm thankful for supportive neighbors and friends and family. That is what really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment