Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Corndog Casserole


If you eat something too often, it gets old and boring. About once a month I make Corndog Casserole for lunch. The kids love it and even I enjoy it. Sometimes I put mustard on mine, just like a corndog. You can make this with two boxes of Jiffy Cornbread mix, one cup of milk, 2 eggs, one tablespoon of brown sugar and a package of hot dogs, but I like to make it from scratch. I used canned evaporated milk in mine today. I'm still trying to use up the twenty-five cans given to me!

Here is the recipe adapted from the back of the Quaker corn meal box.

Mix together:
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup veg. oil
2 eggs
1 pkg. hot dogs, sliced into rounds

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan and pour mixture into pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until fork comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment