Monday, September 9, 2013

Freezer Frenzy Day is Here!

This first post should be title "How not to start you freezer cooking day." You shouldn't start it in the same month that you are starting school. Homework deadlines are much more painful to miss than cooking deadlines. I did stay up doing homework until 10 pm last night, but then my husband started hinting that I should turn the light off and I was too tired to move all my stuff downstairs.

Anyway, I started off this morning (the way I said I wouldn't) by washing the dishes that were left in the sink last night and then bleaching the sink The FlyLady way.

My first step to this crazy adventure was to start two whole chickens to simmering. After bringing them to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 45 minutes. While this is simmering, start clearing of the kitchen counters (which you should have done last night!) and putting away the dishes. If you did that yesterday like you were suppose to, you can get out your cutting board or food processor and begin to chop onions and let the crying begin.

My next post will be all about the veggies. Which ones, how many, chopped, diced? Oh, but the one before that is about the Refried Beans which I did manage to start last night. Get them out of the crockpot and get the Pork Butt going for Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment