Friday, July 29, 2011

Cherry Pie

It's haying season again! We've been up at the neighbor's farm helping bale hay and load up the barn the last couple of weeks. To be quite honest, the guys have been haying and my daughter and I help milk the sheep and babysit the new baby.


I was invited to pick all of the pie cherries I wanted before the birds got to them. I ended up with a small bucketful and I gave half to another neighbor friend. They were pretty small cherries, so you could just squeeze them and pop out the pits. After pitting about half of them, my daughter took pity on me and helped pit the rest. We made one beautiful pie and froze the rest for another pie later this year. I wanted to take a picture of the whole pie, but my husband left the camera at work and I only had one piece left to display for you. It was really, really tasty! I am a little scratched up from the underbrush and branches. At least I didn't fall off the ladder! I really dislike ladders.

Cherry pie is so easy to make. I used the Lattice Cherry Pie recipe in the red and white checkered BHG cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment